Tom Reilly

Cloudera is merging with its rival Hortonworks in an all-stock deal worth $5.2 billion. Cloudera shareholders will own 60 per cent of the combined company and Hortonworks shareholders will own the remaining 40 per cent. Both companies sell services around open-source platform Hadoop, helping companies manage the complex big data