Metcash

Some of the first Australian businesses to enter the Chinese market through the Alibaba ecosystem are behind a new program to help Australian food and beverage companies take advantage of the cross border ecommerce opportunity. eCargo has launched the Cross-Border Ecommerce (CBEC) Growth program to minimise the risk for FMCG

Ecargo (ECG) has completed its acquisition of China export business Metcash Export Services from supermarket wholesaler Metcash. The wholesaler, which supplies more than 10,000 independent retailers in Australia, still owns 15 per cent of Metcash Export Services, while ECG controls the remaining 85 per cent. The Metcash’s China team will

Metcash Grocery

Australian grocery wholesaler Metcash has expanded its online presence in China, opening an online store for its convenience brand, Fresh Pantry. The new store on JD Worldwide marks Fresh Pantry’s first entry into China. The brand currently has two physical Fresh Pantry stores in Australia with 10 scheduled to open later