IAPA, the peak body for analytics professionals in Australia, has named its top 25 analytics leaders for 2019.
The list is decided by a panel of leading analytics and business leaders across four key areas of strategy and impact; influence and advocacy; innovation and improvement; and team growth and leadership.
The 2019 cohort spans a broad selection of industries including financial services, utilities, telco, ecommerce, education, software, IT and government.
“As analytics matures, all verticals recognise the benefits of data-driven decisions and the value their analytics team can deliver,” said Annette Slunjski, Managing Director, IAPA.
“Leadership in analytics is so much more than technical expertise. Soft skills continue to be the difference between good and great while thoughtful stances on emerging issues like ethics, bias and transparency will be increasingly important to the role.”
Those ranked one to 10 are:
- Sean Pereira, Director – Business Analytics, JLL
- Kshira Saagar, Director of Data Science and Analytics, The Iconic
- Ashok Nair, Chief Data and Analytics Officer, QBE
- Tony Ohlsson, Chief Analytics Officer, Volt Bank
- Mohadeseh Ganji, Data Science Chapter Lead, Mondo
- Keegan O’Shea, Principal Consultant, Customer Data Science, Suncorp
- Aaron Artery, CEO, Customer Crunch
- Dean Marchiori, Head of Data Science, Internetrix
- Mario Ribeiro, General Manager Data and Advanced Analytics, Blackwoods
- Joanna Aldridge, Research Informatics Manager, University of Sydney
The full list of the Top 25 Analytics Professionals in Australia can be found here, listed in alphabetical order.
Dean Davidson, executive general manager, recruitment Australia and New Zealand at Hudson, said, “The data science and analytics talent landscape is both exciting and challenging due to its rapid growth and evolution. These awards are not just a recognition of the outstanding work the leaders in this community are doing, but it’s a testament to those that are truly at the forefront of organisational decision making.”